Monday, July 7, 2008

time sure flys

OK, so that blog i told you to be looking for...well, keep looking, because i promise it will be coming. I have not had the time to really sit and gather all of the amazing thoughts that God has laid on my heart to share.

I do recommend you read my husband's blog, http://jhellums.blogspot.com to see how our wknd went, its quite hilarious. He is so much better at this blog thing than I am. I am so proud to be his wife. He even inspires me through his blogs and I pray he does the same for you.

I started summer session 2 today and Texas State University. I could never be happier. This session will be the end of my undergrad courses here at the good ol hill country, too bad those hills didn't help me out much. lol. (that was funny to me, sorry if you didn't get it). I am taking General Sciences 2, the lab that goes with it, and CI 4350(math methods). So far, so good...but i do look forward to August 7th when i am DONE!!!!!!!!! Yay for graduation in less than 165 days:)

Jeremy and I are out at Highland Lakes Camp this week doing sound and stuff for them, they all are such a blessing to us and we couldn't be happier than serving alongside of some of the most amazing, God-breathed people. This is the place where Jeremy and I met, those of you who know us you know the cupid story and all its bliss.

I pray you all have a blessed day and that God reveals something to you today in whatever it is you are doing. I will leave you with a few quotes I like from the book I am reading:

"The point of your life is to point to Him."-Francis Chan

"All that matters is the reality of who we are before God."-Francis Chan

"Friends, we need to stop living selfish lives, forgetful of our God. Our lives here are short, often unexpectedly so, and we can all stand to be reminded of it from time to time."-Francis Chan

3 comments:

Media-Man said...

I like the cupid story seeing that I was an eyewitness...You guys are so sappy!

Velma said...

Way to go with getting the gun!!! =) Glad ya'll survived!

I LOVE highland lakes - miss it!!! Hope you guys have a great time out there!!

Courtney said...

It's too bad that I haven't seen much of you :(. You need to come over and hang out!!! We only have Ethan tonight, so we'll probably be around. Our worship team goes to worship, so maybe we'll try!