Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One year older

What a great past couple of days it has been. On Monday, I had sooo much fun getting pampered with my mom and having lunch with her, it's so awesome to have my mom as one of my best friends :). I love her!! Later that evening we went to see Dark Night with Jeremy and it was not the best, but because my husband liked it so much, I will keep all the comments to myself...lol...I guess I'm just not the action-movie type. I would have rather had more of a love story. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE...that's what I like, lots of LOVE. After the movie, we went and grabbed a sweet treat to calm my nerves and then headed home to rest up for the big day.

On Tuesday, July 29th, I turned one year older. woohoo. getting old is so much fun! not that i am old or anything, I only turned 22, but each year is older for me and each year brings on some new part of my life that God has planned for me. While it was a little awkward(didn't really feel like my birthday...guess that happens when you get older?!?), it was a WONDERFUL day and I would do it all over again. My sisters, bro n law and nephew came Monday night so we all spent the day together.

The morning started with a yummy brunch at ihop and then we headed to Zilker Park to ride the train and wade in the water...it was a beautiful day and we all had a grand time. Anytime I am with family I am just amazed at how blessed I am to have such wonderful people to call family, simply could not ask for more. After we cooled off with some awesome sno cones we headed to my aunts house to visit with even more amazing family. Later in the evening when Jeremy got off work we went to a fabulous seafood dinner at Red Lobster. We decided to go there because we knew we all liked it and to reminisce a little because when I was younger we always celebrated my birthdays there. Good food, Good company, GREAT time. When we got home we had birthday cupcakes(my FAVORITE) made with funfetti batter and icing. I must say my mom did an AWESOME job on those. yumm yumm. I enjoyed opening all of my presents from candles and crocs, to movies and money, and here is where i must say my husband is amazing...he did the sweetest thing for me.

On our first date, one of the places we went to was Austin Java and while there he showed me some love notes he had saved on his computer that were meant for his future wife. so for my birthday, he typed those notes that were wrote a month before we ever even met and then he added some that he had wrote to me just this month...and framed it. It is super sweet and is one of those things that i will cherish forever. He sure is a charmer and I look forward to getting more simple and amazing charming things from him.

So today I returned from my 2 days off to lots of school work, a quiz that I'm sure i didn't ace and a midterm grade which was pretty good i must say...i mean, come on, its summer school, did you really expect me to make A's on everything? lol . On that note, I must end this because I have homework to do and a lab final to study for. I am totally pumped about these last 5 class days because they are my LAST UNDERGRAD COURSES EVER!! Student Teaching will begin in the fall with a huge celebration of my graduation in December. Then it's off to the real world.

One last thing, THANK YOU, all of you who sent me messages, cards, texts, voicemail, etc...I am so thankful for you and your kind-heartedness. You did not have to remember me on my day, but you did and I thank you!!! Your friendship and love means more to us than you know:) I was reminded of one of my favorite verses yesterday when I was getting all the love from all of my friends. Proverbs 17:17- A friend loves at all times...

LOVE YOU

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had an awesome day! i can't believe you got Jermey to go to Red Lobster- he will have to go back with me!

nicole said...

GREAT new picture!! Hope your b-day was lots of fun. Good luck on your test tomorrow!