Friday, June 13, 2008

"I'll see you real soon"

So tonight my mom, little sister and i dropped my dad off at the airport in Houston because today marked the end of his 14day trip home from Iraq. Although he will be returning in six short months to see me graduate from college(woohoo) it is still hard to say goodbye. Instead of telling him goodbye, we agreed that we would see each other real soon :). I love my daddy and wish he was home all of the time where i could call him anytime or see him when i want to, but he is not and that is something that i have to accept. He always has a good way of making me laugh or smile. Preciate it dad!!

Something I find awesome is that even though my earthly daddy is across the whole world from me, my heavenly daddy is with me all of the time. God is right there with me in all that i do guiding each step when i allow him to. He too also has a good way of making me laugh or smile. Like, when i worry about finances and He proves me wrong time after time and i have nothing to do but laugh at myself for not fully relying. Or when i see the state bird picking on a squirrel(yes, i saw it on campus the other day, hilarious.lol). God is so good, all of the time. And all of the time, God is so good. I am so thankful that I have two wonderful daddy's who only want the best for me and give me the world if i let them, not to mention, love me unconditionally. There is no limit to a father's love for his daughter. I just happen to be a "daddy's girl" and i miss my dad very much right now, but i know i will see him real soon:)

If you think about it, could you say a prayer of safety for my dad as he travels for several days. Also could you be in prayer for my family in this time of distance. Thanks. I pray you sleep soundly, I know I will, tylenol sinus pm here i come :) ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

No comments: