Friday, May 15, 2009

8 WEEKS

That is how long we have until we get to meet our little man. Only 8 weeks...wow!! You know they say time flies when you're having fun, well not that I have been having the best time of my life with this pregnancy, but time sure has flown by and quickly for sure. I can hardly explain all the feelings I am having right now as I think about how different our life is going to be in exactly 2 months. I think this blog will be one of reflections, thoughts, hopes and what is to come so sit back and enjoy :)

**Oh, just curious, why don't they call it a 10 month pregnancy instead of 9 months?!?..because it actually is 10 months....just a little side note thought of mine.

Jeremy and I will have known each other for 4 years this month on the 27th. It seems like just yesterday that we met and were making plans for our first date. I remember walking into miles auditorium(the old one) at Highland Lakes Camp and seeing this handsome man on a ladder who actually climbed down and started walking my direction. I like to think I'm a nice, outgoing person so just like any other situation I proceeded to introduce myself and have a conversation with this man. After a long talk that night and exchanging of phone numbers, the man God made for me was brought into my life and little to our knowledge was the road laid down before us to follow. We fell in love very soon and dated for a year and a half before we were engaged. Dating was so much fun! It is such a different thing than marriage. Jeremy was so good at setting up dates and surprises and poems...he was doing a great job winning me over, but I would have married him even without all of his creative efforts. Being engaged was exciting as well...only 5 months thankfully, but a very interesting 5 months it was. Preparing for the wedding, the showers and other stuff. Keeping us both busy and anxious, the day finally arrived when we became husband and wife and an AMAZING day it was and an AMAZING marriage it has been!!!

Wow!!! Time sure does fly!! Jeremy and have been having the TIME OF OUR LIVES!!! Honestly, being married to my best friend is the coolest thing ever. And now to think that our coolest days to come are only 8 weeks away. Recently I have noticed a difference in the way Jeremy and I interact with each other...or better yet, a difference in the way we spend our time together. Thankfully, Jeremy was blessed with an awesome job to serve on the full-time ministry team at Highland Lakes(where we first met) and each day involves something new and different on his list of things to do. Some days I am able to ride around with him while he does his duties and all of the days I have lunch with him. We have been spending so much time together and that time has been so precious and so passionate and I know it is God preparing us for our life to change. A good change for sure, but a change that will definitely challenge us emotionally, spiritually and will be a challenge to our relationship and how we will act with one another.

Thanks to my lovely older and wiser sister( right right) who came in and started talking about whatever, I have lost my thoughts and do not feel like finishing this blog....maybe I can continue it at a later time....

Hope your weekend is blessed and that God is working in and through your life!!! Be Blessed

No comments: