Monday, June 1, 2009

!?!? Ideas Anyone ?!?!

I wanna hear your ideas on choosing a pediatrician!!



Soon enough (in 5 weeks) our little man will arrive and we will need to start taking him to appointments and such, so I thought I would ask you, my readers(all the parents out there), if you have some great advice on choosing one or if you even have ones that you would recommend that would be in the Austin area close to where we live.



All is well with baby and I. He is growing so fast...I think he is just about as uncomfortable as I am, I can tell through his kicks and constant movement. I thought his movements would be slowing down by now but they have not, which is totally fine with me...except for when he enjoys being awake at night much more than during the day, but I hear that is normal and that newborns usually are night owls anyways so God is doing a great work in preparing me to be up partying with the little one. We are still trying to prepare and organize for his arrival and have been blessed to receive some great gifts at the showers we have had recently. When I get the time I am going to post some shower pics for you all to see. We are so blessed with such great friends!! God is so good all the time and all the time, God is so good!!!



Jeremy is still LOVING his job. The place where he serves is so cool...just the other day Jeremy and I were talking about how I always wanted to live on a lake. Little did we know 2 years ago we would be living that small dream of mine now. Highland Lakes is an amazing camp and we have spent this past week going to worship and getting to know the summer mission team staff and everyone is so great. I am super excited to be a part of the PEACE outreach team. It is such a privilege to be on the other side of things here at camp...watching the college students grow and stretch their lives is such a blessing to be a part of. Another exciting thing about camp, the concession stand has finally opened for the summer and I must say I have been wanting a Dr. Pepper slushy since we moved here in April and they are AmAzInG. I finally got one yesterday when my more than awesome husband surprised me with it during a short break he had. :) Thanks hubby!!



That just about wraps up all the thoughts I am having right now...maybe more will come sometime soon.

I hope you are having a blessed day and that you are seeking God in all that you do!!!

3 comments:

jayiin mistaya said...

Although I have no idea how to choose a pediatrician, I'm glad to see you blogging. I love hearing how things are going for you guys!

(Y'all are gonna be the most awesome parents, btw.)

I'm glad you and Jeremy are so happy there!

Courtney said...

I had several issues with different pediatricians in this area. I now use Beecave Pediatrics (it's actually on 360), Dr. Norton, and I LOVE her.
Basically, it's important to find someone who thinks that it's important for you to call when you aren't sure about something, someone who is willing to work through issues with you, and someone who has some of the same philosphies as you do (we are more natural and she isn't necessarily that way, but she understands my parenting style and encourages me to do my own research about things).

nicole said...

My advise is to find someone you are comfortable asking tons of questions to and who doesn't intimidate you. As a first time parent, you'll ask lots of silly questions and make calls to the 24 hour service over many things. You also want a place close to you and who is affliated with a hospital that's close by.