Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thanks for the Comments, but No More Anonymous

If you know who is leaving Anonymous comments on my wife's blog, please ask them to stop. We are not accusing anyone, but what we do know is that the majority of the comments come from the cities of either Kyle or Bryan, TX ( www.google.com/analytics allows us to get this information ). Since we don’t know exactly who it is, Kari and I are posting this to “let it be known.” If you read Insert Title Here or Kari’s Kiosks, wonderful, but if you don't have something nice to say, don’t say it (we are open to debate and different points of view on topics we discuss, but “hate” comments will no longer be tolerated). If you do have something negative to say, please let us know who you are and don’t leave your comments Anonymously; maybe we can address these issues. We can choose to read or not to read someone’s blog, if you don’t like what you read, please go to another site. We don't write directed at anyone; if that is what you or anyone else thinks, you’re wrong. We write what we feel or think with no one in mind! If you feel like we are writing or directing something at “you,” maybe you should ask the Holy Spirit why you feel that way. If you have a problem with me or my wife or both of us; you really should talk to us about it; I am sure that we are open to communication in any shape or form. Oh and leaving Anonymous comments (mostly rude) is not going to happen anymore.

For those avid readers who enjoy reading our blogs, thanks for being there for us. Pardon the Interruption, regularly scheduled blogging will occur after this post. Thanks for reading and God Bless.

4 comments:

The Blogger said...

Hey Kari,

I hate to see that someone is still being rude to you. That really stinks and I hope they stop soon. I think there is a way to not allow anonymous comments... I'm not sure, but it's worth checking out. Then they couldn't post without revealing themselves. Anyway- hope they will leave you alone.

Sara

Velma said...

I was thinking about this last night -- First - I'm so sorry someone has decided to be a jerk and say such horrible things to you! Its completly uncalled for!

But as I was saying, I was thinking about this last night - I think this person is just trying to be rude for rude sakes. They seem to be feeding off the attention they are getting. I know you screen your comments - good for you! I wouldn't even publish their comments anymore or even make a comment about them. They seem to wait to see what you say. I know its hard to not say something back, even when you are responding in love.
Thats my suggestion for ya.

Delight in the peace God gives you and know that you are loved by Him - and your awesome husband as well and I'm sure your many wonderful friends and family that you mention all the time. You know who you are in Christ, don't let Satan tear that down!!!

Kari Hellums said...

Sara and Velma:

Thanks so much for the kind words and sweet encouragement. This time, my husband did it all for me, we talked it through, decided to post the comment and then make it where no one can comment anonymous again. So far, so good. Whoever it is obviously does not want the people we know to know who they are...which is great...well anyways, i do cherish all of our wonderful friends and this time the anonymous comment did not even hurt one bit. I think Jeremy was more fed up than any of us... I merely laughed it off because God has assured me that His revenge on people who hurt me is far greater and bigger than me getting upset over some silly opinion. Thanks again girls and mostly, thanks for being honest, kind, caring, loving, good christian friends :)

nicole said...

I must say my inital reaction was similar to Velma's; the comments are being made just to get a rise out of you. If the person doesn't get a reaction, then they will more than likely quit commenting. I think you choose wisely to disable the anonymous commenting.

On a better note, how is student teaching? Any update on your prayer request?