Friday, September 5, 2008

good, GREAT, awesome, BEST

Hey everyone

Sorry for not updating my blog, my life has seemed to be busy in a very un-busy fashion. My dear friend reminded me of sharing some good news that has recently taken place. I will start by saying that I passed both of my teacher certification exams and I am now equipped to be an elementary school teacher with only student teaching and graduation left on my plate. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to finally be done with school. I did not take any breaks, I have been going to college for four years strong and don't get me wrong, I love it all, but there comes a time to finish and that time has finally come for me. I will be doing student teaching for 65 days at Caldwell Elementary in Pflugerville and I have already had the chance to meet my cooperating teacher, who I must say is amazing, and I met all 22 of the kids in my 4th grade classroom. I am thrilled and honored to be a part of the Pflugerville district, I have heard so many great things about it and I am ready to jump right in and join the fun:). Recently I have had the pleasure of sleeping in, hanging out with friends and family, having lunch ready for Jeremy during the afternoon and generally getting my "summer" in before school starts up. All my laziness will end when Monday gets here. I officially start in the classroom on the 8th and will not finish until December 5th, which is very short if you ask me...and then I will graduate at 10am on December 19th!!!!!!!!!

More great news, I know you have probably heard or read Jeremy's blog, but I would like to say that Abigail Burnett is one adorable little girl that I am looking forward to spending time with in the near future. We were blessed to be able to meet Abby when she arrived at the hospital and I'm not sure if I have ever seen such a full head of hair before, but I'm glad she has some because bows are some of my favorite accessories on a baby(I think they are Warren's favorite as well...lol). Warren and Nicole are so proud and I think they are going to be great parents for this new joy in their life. We have had the opportunity to hang out with them on more than one occasion and I am so glad that we have all become close friends again. They have truly helped Jeremy and I in more ways than they will ever know. God has blessed us with some amazing friends since our marriage and these two are definitely a part of that blessing.

Wanna hear some AWESOME NEWS, MY DAD IS HOME FOR GOOD!!!!!! On Wednesday my dad flew in to college station and we met him at the airport with lots of hugs and smiles. He will not be returning over seas and that makes me so happy. Jeremy won't know what to do with a father-n-law around now...don't worry Jeremy, I know he will be happy to put you to work. lol. While I am overly excited that my daddy is now home, I would like to ask those of you who will, to pray that he finds a job here in the states so that he can stay here with us forever, well, you know what i mean. So today after Jeremy gets off work, we will be heading to milano for the night to hang out with my family, see Milano high school's football game and spend time relaxing in the country. As much as I love living in Austin, I sure do miss the peacefulness of a small town.

The best news I have for this weekend is that we are celebrating Jeremy turning 27 years old. I love birthdays and I especially love that when Jeremy was born, God knew exactly who he would marry someday which is why I love celebrating my husband's day of birth. One cool thing about the year Jeremy was born (1981) is that my parents got married in May of 81 and they started praying for their children and spouses for their children and I find that really neat to see how God placed us together. Jeremy is such an awesome man of God and I am so thankful to have him in my life. He has never been big on telling people it is his birthday or big on celebrations, but I have always wanted it to be a big deal because to me, birthdays are a big deal. So....we will be having a meal of Jeremy's choice cooked by my parents on Saturday along with presents and such, but his actual birthday is not until Sunday...who says we can't celebrate all weekend long :).

I will do my best to keep you updated but I can't make any promises, student teaching may prove to be the busiest semester ever. Hope you all have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope yall had a good weekend and Jermey had a good birthday- good to see yall Friday!! Take care!

nicole said...

Not sure why my comment for your blog or your husband's posted the 1st time but I guess I'll just try again...

Thanks for the props. We need to meet up again soon. Abby is already changing so much! Thought about raiding the next Kilpatrick/Hellums game night...

Warren agrees with Jeremy on the b-day thing. I happen to think they are a big deal as well. This difference in thinking sure did make for a rough b-day our 1st year of marriage. But I must admit that my darling husband hasn't repeated that again and even lets me make a big deal about his. We'll see soon if this holds up after adding a munchkin to the family. LOL

jayiin mistaya said...

I'm glad your Dad is back safe and sound!

And once again, congratulations on passing the test. I was serious - let me know if you need/want help on your portfolio.